ACADEMY OF WING CHUN Kung Fu
5 Bryant Avenue, ROMFORD, ESSEX RM3 0AP
Raising the Standards of Martial Arts
1. Determination and Dedication - In order to ascend through the ranks or earn new belts, you need determination to achieve new goals through hard work and dedication. Two of the most valuable skills that a anyone can take away from martial arts training.
2. To Manage Disappointment in Healthy Ways - No matter how dedicated you are or how hard you try, there's a good chance that there will be disappointment by a failure to advance or a mistake that you make during training. Rather than shielding yourself or your child from these feelings, you can use the opportunity as a valuable learning/teaching experience, to manage with disappointment in healthy ways.
3. How to Avoid Physical Confrontation and When to Apply It - You will be taught how to diffuse a volatile situation and to avoid physical force altogether unless it's absolutely necessary for self defence.
4. Working With a Partner or As Part of a Team - Martial arts, will require you to work with a partner to hone your skills to advance. Working together or as part of a team to master techniques and principles, helps Adults/kids learn the value of teamwork, a principle that applies to any number of situations.
5. Increased Social Skills - The act of spending an hour or so each week with the same people and interacting in a controlled environment often helps shy people come out of their shells.
6. To Listen Effectively - It's impossible to learn proper technique and improve martial arts skills if you can't listen to the instructor carefully, which is why training in the martial arts can have such a strong impact on listening skills as a whole.
7. The Importance of Self-Restraint and Discipline - The basic tenets of all martial arts styles place a strong emphasis on discipline and self-restraint. Wilfully, stubborn adults & kids that struggle with their impulse control can benefit greatly in the hands of a seasoned instructor.
8. How to Respect Authority Figures - A great martial arts instructor will command absolute respect from his or her students. This respect for a particular authority figure can easily extend to a respect for authority in general, especially when the focus of classes emphasizes this concept.
9. The Importance of Confidence - Success is dependent upon confidence and self-assurance in so many areas of life, and it's imperative for you to gain such traits. Mastering new techniques in martial arts training will help you to become more confident and slowly gain faith in your abilities, making you more confident and self-assured in general.
10. The Benefits of Being Physically Active - The dangers of a sedentary lifestyle and the attendant risks of childhood & adult obesity are well-documented. Martial arts training will require your to be physically active and fit. Learning the importance of a healthy, active body can inspire you to make real changes in your lifestyle, helping to make you more focused on fitness and health in many areas.
View original post on nannyjobs.com